Senior Multi-Sport Championships
Multi-sport events cannot use the same format as the Running Championship without becoming incredibly complex and very difficult to manage. Therefore, a simplified points-based method will be used that captures the athlete’s performance in the context of the event.
- Standard gender/age grouping will be used.
- Separate Triathlon and Duathlon championships will held.
- A set of prescribed events, representing a mixture of Triathlon (or Duathlon) distances will be used for the Multi-Sports Championship.
- The BRJ athlete must participate in a prescribed minimum number of events and the overall Championship will use the three best scores over the year.
- Scoring will be based on the athlete’s performance in the event in their given age and gender category.
- Points will be awarded based on whole numbers and the percentile in which they finish.
- The Multi-Sports Championship will be based on the three best scores achieved over the season.
Scoring is as follows
Top 20 Percentile of your age and gender group = 10 points
Second 20 Percentile = 8 points
Third 20 Percentile = 6 points
Fourth 20 Percentile = 4 points
Fifth 20 Pereentile = 2 points
2 bonus points are awarded if the BRJ member wins the age and gender group for the event
1 bonus point will be awarded to the top BRJ member in the age and gender group
- Compete in four races of either triathlon or duathlon, you cannot mix and match across the two disciplines, but can do both i.e. eight races.
- That a minimum of two races must be from the specified Multi-Sports Club Championship list of qualifying events.
- You can do all four races from the specified list or any combination as long as the minimum two is achieved to qualify
- Any races outside of the specified Club Championship list must have independent verifiable results, e.g. website.
Triathlon Championship Qualifying Events 2020
|23rd April||Duston Triathlon||Sprint||Pool||Just Racing||Northampton|
|7th May||Pitsford Triathlon||Sprint||Pool||Brixworth|
|7th May||St Neots Triathlon Event 1||Standard, Sprint or Super Sprint||River||Nicetri||ITU & Tri England||St Neots|
|14th May||Monster Mojito||Standard or Middle||Lake||Grafham|
|21st May||Grafman Middle Distance||Middle||Lake||Nicetri||Grafham|
|11th June||Peterborough City Triathlons||Sprint or Standard||Peterborough|
|25th June||St Neots Event 2||Standard, Sprint or Super Sprint||River||Nicetri||St Neots|
|2nd July||Bedford Super Sprint 2||Super Sprint||Pool||Bedford|
|16th July||Pitsford Tri||Brixworth|
|23rd July||Kimbolton Castle Pool Triathlon||Sprint||Pool||Nicetri||Champ and League||Kimbolton|
|30th July||Cambridge Standard Distance Tri||Standard||League||Cambridge|
|6th August||Anglian Water Standard Tri||Standard||Lake||Champ and League||Grafham|
|20th August||Monster Middle and Standard||Middle & Standard||River||Monster Racing||League||Ely|
|3rd September||St Neots Race 3||Standard, Sprint or Super Sprint||River||Nicetri||League||St Neots|
|17th September||Newmarket Autumn Super Sprint Tri||Super Sprint||League||Newmarket|
|24th September||Bedford Tri 3||Super Sprint||Pool||Galeforce||Bedford|
|DUATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS QUALIFYING RACES FOR 2020|
|19th February||Anglian Water Duathlon Event 1||Standard & Sprint||Nicetri||Grafham|
|26th February||Monster Duathlon||Sprint||Monster Racing||Ely|
|12th March||Mud and Mayhem Duathlon||Thetford|
|2nd April||PACTRAC Peterborough Duathlon||
|9th April||Bedford Autodrome DuathlonBritish Duathlon Championships||Bedford|
Bedford Autodrome ETU Duathlon Championships
|21st October:||BRJ Standard, Sprint, & Junior||Standard, Sprint or Junior||To Be Confirmed||Chip Timing||Alconbury2|