BRJ runs coached sessions on various aspects of cycling, as well as triathlon-specific skills, throughout the year. These sessions include indoor turbo/Zwift fitness training over the winter months, group riding skills, fast paced ride training, transition training and brick sessions (repeated run/bike/run intervals). All these sessions are aimed at improving your cycling, and triathlon/duathlon bike leg, performance.
There are group rides on a Thursday night in summer. Please contact us for details. These are not led by a qualified coach.
St Ives Cycling Club
BRJ has an arrangement with St Ives Cycling Club to allow BRJ members to join SICC at a discounted rate, allowing BRJ cyclists to take part in the SICC Sunday morning and Thursday evening group rides, as well as Wednesday evening time-trials and other events.
Code of Conduct – Cycling
The cycling code of conduct is intended to ensure safe and enjoyable club cycling activities:
- Wear a correctly fitted helmet conforming to a recognised safety standard for all events organised by the club.
- Observe and adhere to the rules of the Highway Code.
- Ride no more than two abreast and single out to enable traffic to pass.
- Respect other road users and avoid confrontation.
- Act responsibly to promote a good image of cyclists and the club.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the conditions.
- Lights are compulsory if cycling at night.
- Ensure that your bike is in a roadworthy condition and that you have means to fix a puncture with you.
- Carry a mobile phone for emergencies.