We run 6 week courses on an ad hoc basis to improve technique and skills. There are no courses planned at present.
There are group rides on a Thursday night in summer and most Sundays throughout the year. Please contact us for details. These are not led by a qualified coach and as such are not club activities.
Code of Conduct – Cycling
The code of conduct is written with all athletes’ safety in mind and your respect adhering to these rules is paramount to ensure safe and enjoyable club runs.
- BRJ Run & Tri asserts that the wearing of a correctly fitted helmet conforming to a recognised safety standard is required for all club rides and events organised by the club. We would strongly recommend the use of a helmet whilst cycling at all other times, whilst recognising the right of each individual to choose whether or not to accept this recommendation.
- Observed and adhere to the rules of the Highway Code.
- Ride no more than 2 abreast and single out to enable traffic to pass.
- We would recommend that all riders wear clothing appropriate to the conditions and when visibility is poor reflective clothing is recommended.
- Lights conforming to a recognised standard are compulsory if cycling at night.
- Ensure that your bike is in a roadworthy condition and that you are carrying a suitable pump along with an inner tube.
- Carry a mobile phone for emergencies.
- Respect other road users and pedestrians avoiding confrontation.
- Act responsibly at all times to promote a good image of cyclists and the club.