BRJ Run and Tri is an affiliated member of England Athletics (EA) and abides by its rules. Our affiliation number is 2657730. United Kingdom Athletics rules for competition can be found here. The affiliation fee is £15 for 2020-21, rising to £16 in 2021-22. Benefits of being a registered athlete can be found here.
Highlights of EA Affiliation
Road races – £2 discount on entry to UKA registered road races and those with permits from the Trail Running Association.
Partnership Offers – including DW Fitness First, Running Imp, Runderwear and Aftershokz.
The club is allocated places at the London Marathon, dependent on the number of affiliated athletes in the club.
Some races are only open to registered athletes
Early bird tickets for major athletic events.
Power of 10 profile performance tracking.
Myathletics Portal – your login is your EA affiliation number (URN) and the password is the last 4 digits of your URN. Use this to update your details and to transfer first claim to another club.
British Triathlon Federation
The British Triathlon Federation (BTF) is the sport’s UK governing body, and we encourage all our members to join. As a member of the BRJ, you are entitled to a reduction on British Triathlon membership. The current club member fee to join the British Triathlon is on the British Triathlon website as well as full details of membership.
Highlights of BTF Membership
- Reduced entry fees for British Triathlon sanctioned events.
- A copy of the British Triathlon Handbook which includes the year’s events calendar.
- Regular copies of the British Triathlon magazine – Tri-News.
- Civil liability insurance both in training and competition.
- Personal accident insurance for training and competition.
- Discounts on bike and travel insurance.
- Eligibility for selection for national squads and teams.
- Advice and information on triathlon training and competition.
- Eligibility to compete in the National Championships and the Challenge Series.
- Free car sticker for all new members.
- Special offers and discounts exclusive to members.
- Access to the members only section on the British Triathlon website.
- In addition, all members are expected to follow the Club’s Code of Conduct when conducting themselves in training and racing.
To take part in multi sport events you must have a BTF licence. Most members buy a day licence for each event, £5 and normally from the race organiser. If you plan to take part in a significant number of events, or want to take part in any of the world series competing under your country’s flag, then you need to be a member of BTF.