Frostbite 2022, additional measures due to covid
We are looking forward to welcoming you all to our first frostbite race at March since the covid
outbreak has changed how we gather; we still need to consider mitigating the risks associated. We
have a few additional rules and guidelines for you to follow to ensure we are covid compliant and to
keep you all safe.
– Start line moved to start of field to enable runners to spread out as far as possible before
reaching pinch points.
We appreciate everyone wants to race and jostle for a start position but ask if all could keep
a sensible distance before the start of the race and consider wearing and carrying the mask
until numbers thin out
- Runners asked to keep left of the paths when running in and out of the nature reserve when
facing each other
- Runners asked to pass with a wide berth when passing each other
- Finishers to make their way through the finish funnel to collect token without delay and to
clear into the main field as soon as possible
- Refreshments available at a reduced menu and set price for tea and coffees at £1, cake at £1
money paid in an honesty pot, own mug bought and utilised where able
- Spectators and early finishers to consider social distancing rules and not to gather in groups
of more than 30 and to maintain safe distancing
- Socialising after the event to be kept to a minimum, although we have a large field area for
groups of no more than 30 to gather together and enjoy refreshments and the post-race
- Although the Clubhouse will be open for toilets, we encourage runners to come prepared to
run and additional portaloos have been arranged. There is a one-way system for the
Clubhouse and masks to be worn when traversing through
- Runners and spectators asked to utilise hand sanitizers, masks where applicable and to
follow the latest guidance for gatherings inside and out
- Would appreciate if all attending can return a lateral flow test and to not attend if positive
or they are showing symptoms of covid
Car Parking for March Race in the Frostbite League Series
Please note that car parking is limited and therefore every effort must be made to car share
whenever possible. All car parking is free.
Runners are asked to follow car park marshals’ instructions and must not park on Longhill Road near
to the gates to the sports field or near to the entrance to the Nature Reserve as this might hinder
Car Parks 1 and 2 are on HM Prison property and are a four to five minute walk from the sports
ground. People using these Car Parks must not go on any other HM Prison property.
Car Park areas 3 and 4 are situated in Foundary Way and are a two to three minute walk from the
Car Park 5 is for race officials and you should not park there unless instructed to by car park marshals
– once all race officials have parked this car park will be opened for runners.
Car Park 6 is approx. a 10 minute walk from the sports field.
Please arrive in plenty of time and enjoy the race!