We are now ready to take your bookings for the coached swimming that starts on Monday 17th May at 8pm at One Leisure Huntingdon. The sessions are suitable for all abilities so please do come along if you’re still mastering front crawl or are an accomplished swimmer. Sessions remain great value at £5 for the hour.
How to book and pay
We are trialing a new booking and payment site called ClubPal, firstly for the coached swimming and, if this works, eventually for all paid for club activities, memberships and kit. To book, you must create an account, sign up as a member (there is no charge) and then book the session. Everyone is welcome to create an account to have a look at how ClubPal works.
This year, all swimmers will need to book and pay in advance. This is because we are limited in numbers due to covid. Sessions can be cancelled up to one hour ahead of the session and booked up to four weeks in advance.
1. Visit https://brjrunandtri.clubpal.app
2. Register for a new account – you will receive an email from ClubPal to verify your email address.
3. Once you have verified your email and are logged in, go to Membership – top bar and choose ‘2021 Senior Prepaid.’
4. Another email will be sent to confirm your membership.
5. You can then choose Sessions and book the 17th May. You will need to scroll to the week of May 17th to see the session.
6. Click onto the session and then book and pay.
7. You can either use a one off payment card or save the card to the site for future bookings.
If you are attending, please read the following instructions.
Here is an outline of the sessions and the covid requirements
At least two lanes will concentrate on improving the technique and fitness of experienced swimmers. These lanes are coached by British Triathlon Federation level 1 and 2 coaches, following a development programme, designed by Simon Moore.
At least one lane is devoted to swimmers who lack confidence and want to improve their technique. These swimmers have usually never taken part in triathlons or swum in open water, may have never mastered front crawl but want to start somewhere, often with a goal of swimming in open water for the first time or taking part in their first triathlon. This group is coached by our fantastic, qualified swimming teacher, Katie Read.
Due to COVID, there are restrictions and additional procedures in place.
• We must limit to 20 on a first come first served basis.
• Attendance must be pre-booked, you cannot attend on the night without a booking.
• Bookings open four weeks before each session.
• Cancellations are permitted up to one hour before the session.
• Each session still costs only £5
Arriving at the pool
• Swimmers must arrive ready to swim (swimwear under your clothes).
• Masks must be worn on entry and exit to the building, until changing at the poolside.
• Changing bags are stored poolside in clearly marked spaces.
• Showers are unavailable.
• Changing rooms are available after swimming (individual cubicles)
• Individuals must socially distance as much as practical.
• Toilet visits are subject to the use of hand sanitiser and upon arrival.
These instructions are supplementary to One Leisure, local and Government guidelines and restrictions.
Thanks to David Ward for securing One Leisure and to the lead coach Simon Moore and the other coaches for making these sessions possible.
1. Mental health and running
There are mental health as well as physical benefits to running and England Athletics
#Run and Talk programme aims to support clubs in promoting mental health.
We would like to use this programme to promote running and mental health within BRJ. This needs members to be involved, if you’re interested in mental health and would like to
contribute to this, see the information on the EA website and contact Annette Newton
programme and think about how we use this within the club.
Other Club activities – see website for details. – Alice
2. The Bedford Harriers Doug Anderson 5k
This is usually a very popular event with BRJ members. This year’s race is on Wednesday 21st July 2021, and there is an entry limit of 450 runners. Enter the race here
http://www.bedford5k.co.uk/ – Mike Gullis