Sunday 20th September from 8.30 am
Venue: Judith’s Field London Road Godmanchester PE29 2WB
Welcome back to running in a race.
Changes to England Athletics and Run Britain’s Covid-19 Guidance on road races has enable BRJ Run and Tri to organise a 10K race.
Due to continuing restrictions on public gatherings and on “normal “event planning the race will be run in the following way.
- The race is open to senior members of BRJ Run and Tri. There is no entry fee but a donation to BEAT the club charity would be appreciated.
- All entrants must read the guidance of the club’s welfare officer in respect of Covid -19, have considered the health checklist and complied with its requirements. They must ensure that the welfare officer has their contact details (Email and telephone number) and have given permission for these to be given to any government Track and Trace Service if required. Please note you only need to give these details once as they will be used in every club activity attended.
- Entrants will provide a predicted finish time for the 10K race at time of entry. This time will be used to calculate the arrival times for each runner at the venue. As no more than 30 runners can assemble at any one time it is important that everyone arrives at the time expected. They will be assigned a wave depending on predicted time. Registration will take place on Judith’s Field. There are no toilets. There is no baggage drop although bags can be left at the owners own risk at the registration point to be collected after the race.
- Each wave will make their way to the start line 10 minutes before their allocated start time. They are required to ensure that they remain at least two meters apart. Runners will set off at 30 seconds intervals. Race timing will be done manually, (using an app).
- The roads and paths are not closed to other users so care must be taken along the route. Direction signs and marshals will be on the race route, but it is essential that all runners acquaint themselves with the race route before the race. There are no water stations on the route.
- On finishing the race all runners are asked not to congregate around the finish area but to make their way back to Judith’s Field. Marshals will ensure that all runners are recovered and free from injury before encouraging them to make their way out of the assembly area.
- By entering this race you have agreed to abide by the Code of Conduct.