Multi Sport Championships
Multi Sport Championship Rules
Multi-sport events cannot use the same schema as the running championship without becoming incredibly complex and very difficult to manage.
• A simplified points-based method will be used that captures the athlete’s performance in the context of the event.
• Standard gender/age grouping will be used
• Separate triathlon and duathlon championships will held.
• A set of prescribed events, representing a mixture of triathlon (or duathlon) distances will be used for the championship.
• Like the running championship, the BRJ athlete must participate in a prescribed minimum number of events and the overall championship will use the 3 best scores over the season
• Scoring will be based on the athlete’s performance in the event in their given age/gender category.
• Points will be awarded based on whole numbers and the percentile in which they finish.
• The championship will be based on the three best scores achieved over the season.
• Scoring is as follows:
Top 20 Percentile of your age/gender group = 10 points
Second 20 Pct = 8 points
Third 20 Pct = 6 points
Fourth 20 Pct = 4 points
Fifth 20 Pct = 2 points
2 bonus points are awarded if the BRJ member wins the age/ gender group for the event
1 bonus point will be awarded to the top BRJ member in the age/gender group
- Compete in four races of either Triathlon or Duathlon ( you cant mix and match but you can do both ie 8 races)
- That a minimum of two races must be from the specified club championship list - attached
- You can do all four races from the specified list or any combination as long as the minimum two is achieved to qualify
- Any races outside of the specified club championship list must have independent verifiable results. ie website
Triathlon Championship Races
|23-Apr||Duston Triathlon||Sprint||Pool||Just Racing||northampton|
|7 May||Pitsford Triathlon||sprint||Pool||Brixworth, Northants|
|7-May||St Neots Triathlon Event 1||Std, Spr, SupSpr||River||Nicetri||ITU and Tri England||St Neots|
|14-May||Monster Mojito||Standard /Middle||Lake||Grafham|
|21 May||Grafman Middle Distance||Middle||Lake||Nicetri||Perry|
|11-Jun||Peterborough City Triathlons||Sprint / Std||Peterborough|
|25-Jun||St Neots Event 2||Std, Spr, SupSpr||River||Nicetri||St Neots|
|02 Jul||Bedford Super Sprint 2||Super Sprint||Pool||Bedford|
|23-Jul||Kimbolton Castle Pool Triathlon||sprint||Pool||Nicetri||Champ and League||Kimbolton|
|30 Jul||Cambridge Standard Distance Tri||Standard||league||Cambridge|
|6 Augl||anglian Water Standard Tri||Std||Lake||Champ and league||Perry|
|20-Aug||Monster Middle and Standard||Mid + Std||River||Monster racing||League||Ely|
|03-Sep||St Neots Race 3||Std, Spr, SupSpr||River||Nicetri||league||St Neots|
|17-Sep||Newmarket Autumn Supersprint Tri||super Sprint||league||newmarket|
|24 Sep||Bedford Tri 3||supersprint||Pool||Galeforce||Bedford|
|19-Feb||Anglian Water Duathlon Event 1||Std + Spr||Nicetri||Perry|
|26 Feb||Monster Duathlon||sprint||Monster Racing||Ely|
|12 Mar||Mud and Mayhem Duathlon||Thetford|
|2 Apr||PACTRAC Peterborough Duathlon||Castor, Peterborough|
|09-Apr||Bedford Autodrome Duathlon 2017 British Duathlon Championships||Bedford|
|15 Oct||Bedford Autodrome Duathlon 2018 ETU Duathlon Championships||Bedford|
|21 OCt||BRJ Sprint, Standard and Junior||Sprint + Std + Junior||To be confirmed||Chip timining||Alconbury|