Club championship and performance awards
The Club Running Championship and Performance Awards Scheme was introduced in 2008 with the aim of:
- Encouraging club member's participation in a more varied mix of race events and distances.
- Encouraging "friendly competition" between members, despite of differences in age and gender, and in turn increasing an individual's motivation & performances.
- Increasing the visibility of the BRJ Club at events and the potential for members to achieve individual and Team Awards.
For multi sport championships please click here
Rules Of The 2017 Club Championships
- The 2017 Annual Running Championship will be run over a 12 month period commencing on the 1st January 2017.
- The Championship is open to all First Claim club members
- Individuals must complete 4 (four) events from a list of "nominated" events.
- An individual's final score shall be calculated using the total of their best 3 (three) age / gender graded scores.
- The race finish times that will be scored shall be those taken from the official published race results (i.e. gun time). Chip timing will be used, where available.
- Only results that record the individual competing as a BRJ member will be scored. If a BRJ member completes a race under the name of another person, the result will be disallowed.
- Finish times will be converted into an age / gender percentage score using the Howard Grubb WAVA Calculator (2015 updated edition).
- Self-timed races will not be eligible.
- Clothing shall be worn that identifies you as a member of BRJ.
Junior Qualifying Events For 2017 (amended events, or those which are now confirmed are shown in bold):
|January 15th:||Frostbite #4 (Ferry Meadows), scored as 1.5M|
|February 19th:||Any Parkrun 2km event|
|March 12th:||BRJ Frostbite #6 (1.5M)|
|April 2nd:||Camborne 1m|
|May 1st:||BRJ - Mayor of Huntingdon Charity 1.5m|
|June 25th:||Ramsey 3k|
|July 17th||St Ives 3k|
|August 20th:||Kimbolton 3k|
|September 3rd||Any Parkrun 2km event|
|October 8th||Peterborough Great Eastern Run 5K|
|November 11th:||Any parkrun 5k|
|December 10th:||Frostbite #3|
Senior Qualifying Events For 2017:
|January 22nd:||Folksworth 15M|
|February 12th:||Stamford 30k|
|March 5th:||Cambridge Half Marathon|
|April 1st||Any parkrun 5k|
|May 1st||BRJ - Mayor of Huntingdon Charity 5M|
|June 25th||Ramsey 10k|
|July 30th||Riverside Runners 10k|
|August 2nd||Peterborough Grand Prix 5k series|
|September 10th||Swineshead 10M|
|October 8th||Peterborough Great Eastern Half Marathon|
|November 19th||St Neots Half Marathon|
|December 16th||Any parkrun 5k|
|January - December 2017||Any full marathon UK or overseas.
(Only one marathon will count towards the final score.)
The Senior awards available are:
- Champion Man and Champion Lady
- Runner-Up (Man and Lady)
- Third Place (Man and Lady)
- Age Category Winners (Man and Lady)
- "Most Personal Bests" of the Championship (Man and Lady)
In the event of a tie when calculating the final scores, the following criteria will be used to determine the final positions:
|i)||Compare the average points for all events completed across an equal number of races. The individual with the highest average percentage will win.|
|ii)||If the position is still tied after applying the test at (i) above, the individual with the highest total number of completed eligible events will take precedence.|
|In the event that there is any dispute, the arbiter shall be the Club Captain, whose decision shall be final.|
Performance Awards Scheme
In conjunction with the Running Championship there will be a Performance Awards Scheme.
If an individual achieves a finish position in the Running Championship they will receive a certificate based on their level of achievement against the pre-determined set of criteria detailed below:
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall below 50%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall between 50% to 59.99%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall between 60% to 69.99%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall between 70% to 74.99%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall between 75% to 79.99%
The average of the total score for their best 4 events fall at 80%, or more