Based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, BRJ Run and Tri is a friendly club of around 350 catering for runners and triathletes of all standards.
Formed in 1988 as BRJ Roadrunners, we are affiliated to England Athletics and the British Triathlon Federation. In 2012 the club changed its name to incorporate the triathlon section to become BRJ Run and Tri.
Members range from age 7 to over 70, fast to slow, beginners to experienced. Whilst most members take part in organised races from 5k to marathons and triathlons of varying distances, there is no compulsion to race. Many join us on club activities to find new routes, make friends, get fitter and for the sheer enjoyment of running, swimming or cycling.
What BRJ offers...
- Regular training sessions for running, cycling and swimming
- Summer open water swimming at Hinchingbrooke Country Park Lake
- Junior section for 7 - 16 year olds, focusing on developing skills in an enjoyable environment
- January beginner running course
- Active social schedule: BBQs, Christmas parties, quiz nights
- A chosen charity of the year: Each year we nominate a charity to raise funds for, last year we raised over £3000
- Club Championships: Selected running races encourage self development and friendly rivalry. The Championships are scored to take account of age and gender.
- Frostbite Friendly League: A winter league consisting of six five mile running races run between October and March. BRJ has competed since its launch in 1988.
We have club activities on most nights of the week, please see the training diary for information.
Club Committee 2019/20
club committee is elected at the AGM held in March.
|Chair - David Thomas
Deputy Chair - Karen Charman
|Club Captain - Alan Hannibal|
|Treasurer - Ian Shipley|
|Secretary - Gilles Corby|
|Tri Coordinator - Paulus Maukonen|
|Junior Tri Coordinator - TBC||TBC|
|Juniors Rep - Paul Mitton|
|Social Secretaries & Volunteer coordinators -
Jo Muff & Kat Heath
|Communications Officers - David Newton & Shelley Duffy|
|Results/PB Coordinator - Mike Gullis||Post vacant|
|Training Coordinator (running)||Post vacant|
|Training Coordinator (cycling) - Andy Ellams|
|Training Coordinator (swimming)||Post vacant|
|Running Club Championship Coordinators
Seniors - Jane Roberts
Juniors - Alison Orrell
|Membership Secretary - Alice Noyes|
|Fundraising Officers - Mel Gearing & Sabrina Crothall|
|Welfare Officer - Emma Stevens|
|Club kit Officer - Kate Ruddock|
|Frostbite Coordinator - Clare Few|
|Coach Development Coordinator - David Newton|
What does BRJ stand for?
It is the question that everyone asks us. Club HQ used to be the BRJ Working Men's Club in Huntingdon, (now demolished). B, R and J are the initials of the three founding members of that club - Bastini, Rigden and Jaques.