Based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, BRJ Run and Tri is a friendly club of around 200 catering for runners and triathletes of all standards.
Formed in 1988 as BRJ Roadrunners, we are affiliated to England Athletics and the British Triathlon Federation. In 2012 the club changed its name to incorporate the triathlon section to become BRJ Run and Tri.
Members range from age 7 to over 70, fast to slow, beginners to experienced. Whilst most members take part in organised races from 5k to marathons and triathlons of varying distances, there is no compulsion to race. Many join us on club activities to find new routes, make friends, get fitter and for the sheer enjoyment of running, swimming or cycling.
What BRJ offers...
- Regular training sessions for running, cycling and swimming
- Summer open water swimming at Hinchingbrooke Country Park Lake
- Junior section for 7 - 16 year olds, focusing on developing skills in an enjoyable environment
- January beginner running course
- Active social schedule: BBQs, Christmas parties, quiz nights
- A chosen charity of the year: Each year we nominate a charity to raise funds for, last year we raised over £5000
- Club Championships: Selected running races encourage self development and friendly rivalry. The Championships are scored to take account of age and gender.
- Handicap 5k: From October to March, we hold a monthly 5k handicap race where everyone should finish at the same time!
- Frostbite Friendly League: A winter league consisting of six five mile running races run between October and March. BRJ has competed since its launch in 1988.
We have club activities on most nights of the week, please see the training diary for information.
Club Committee 2017/18
The club committee is elected at the AGM held in March.
Chairman - David Newton email@example.com
Club Captain - Alan Hannibal firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Sarah Watts
Secretary - Gilles Corby email@example.com
Tri Coordinator - Pippa Burns firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Tri Coordinator - Rachel Miller email@example.com
Social Secretary - Melanie Fowler firstname.lastname@example.org
Press Reports - email@example.com
Results/PB Coordinator - Mike Gullis firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Coordinator - Chirag Godhania email@example.com
Membership Secretary - Alice Noyes firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising Officer - Jo Loosley email@example.com
Welfare Officer - Govinda French firstname.lastname@example.org
Club kit Officer - Kate Ruddock
Junior Section - Rachel Miller email@example.com
What does BRJ stand for?
It is the question that everyone asks us. Club HQ used to be the BRJ Working Men's Club in Huntingdon, (now demolished). B, R and J are the initials of the three founding members of that club - Bastini, Rigden and Jaques.